Saturday, February 14, 2009

Irving Mill

I happen to have eaten at this establishment recently and I loved the new menu which has been brought in by former Resto chef, Ryan Skeen. I happened to love Resto as well (it's a neighborhood joint for me) and thought he did a fantastic job putting together an excellent menu there. It was very interesting then when last night I was closing down a bar just east of Union Square with a few friends when I got involved in a conversation with a patron sitting next to us. It was after talking to him for a little while that I realized he was in fact, Ryan Skeen, head chef at Irving Mill! The reason I mention it on this blog is they have a menu very loaded with pork and different parts of the pig and different preparations. Ryan had mentioned to us that he has three whole hogs that he will be using this week for a special "pork tasting menu", as he described it. $45 for 8 different preparations and parts of the pig. I plan to be there this week to taste this magnificent sounding feast! I think Sunday nights is when this steal and delicacy is being offered. I highly suggest you try out this restaurant on any day of the week, as it is outstanding!

No comments: